Just an hour away from Vienna by car in the eastern part of Lower Austria is the Baroque ensemble of Schloss Hof Estate , which extends over an area of more than fifty hectares.
Once an imperial country seat, it was one of the most magnificent rural stately homes in the Habsburg Empire. The palace was built in 1726 for the legendary general Prince Eugene of Savoy and subsequently remodelled and extended under Empress Maria Theresa to become the largest rural palace complex in Austria.
A stately residence, elaborate terraced gardens and a tranquil estate farm form an ensemble that uniquely combines imperial magnificence with rural idyll. Even in Prince Eugene’s time, Schloss Hof Estat was famed far and wide for its glittering festivities. Today this tradition of opulent entertainments is continued in the form of numerous events and celebrations.
Current opening hours Schloss Hof Estate & Schloss Niederweiden
Schloss Hof Estate
Daily | 10 am to 4 pm
Closed till 18.03.2022
Covid-19 safety precautions
As of April 16, 2022, the FFP2 mask requirement will no longer apply, but we recommend wearing a mouth-nose protection.
Information regarding the safety regulations can be found HERE